Baltimore County Circuit Court Law
Do you have an upcoming family law case at the Circuit Court for Baltimore County? The Circuit Court is the trial court of general jurisdiction for family law cases and issues, including divorces, child custody, child support, marriage licenses and annulments. Find out what to expect from the Circuit Court for Baltimore County and how you can best prepare for your case.
About the Circuit Court for Baltimore County
The Circuit Court for Baltimore County is located in the Baltimore County Courts Building at 401 Bosley Avenue in Towson, Maryland, 21204. Its hours of operation are 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays). The Circuit Court hears:
- All jury trials (criminal and civil)
- Juvenile and family law cases
- Criminal cases (felonies, district court appeals, and jury trial requests)
- Appeals from the District Court of Maryland
- Major civil cases (designated as over $30,000 in controversy)
The Family Law Division
The Family Law Division at the Circuit Court for Baltimore County contains several offices:
- Self Help Office: This office provides assistance with filling out complaint forms (e.g. divorce, custody, visitation, or child support complaint) and also gives information about family law cases. This assistance is given in person only and does not require an appointment. Instead, they receive visitors on a first come, first serve basis.
- Clerk of the Court: This is the best office to contact to find out fees associated with filing complaints, obtaining records, or getting more information about papers you have filed.
- Office of Family Mediation: This office provides basic information around mediation sessions and co-parenting classes.
- Family Support Services: This office answers questions about supervised visitation, monitored exchange, substance abuse screening, home studies, investigation or evaluation.
- Differentiated Case Management Office: This office takes calls regarding scheduling or postponing hearings and conferences as well questions about cases scheduled for hearings and conferences.
The Family Law Division provides much-needed resources to Baltimore County residents preparing for family law cases. However, they do not provide legal representation or guidance surrounding family law matters. If you are preparing for a divorce, custody matter, or other domestic situation, you don’t have to go it alone. Akman & Associates, LLC, provides legal assistance across the Mid-Atlantic region with a strong background in the practice area of family law. To discuss your case and the best way to proceed, contact Akman & Associates today.